Friday, August 3, 2007

UK ITV advertisements (LWT region)- August 31st 1986 part 2




I am gradually sorting through some of my ancient video tapes to log what is on them, and capturing some vintage clips whilst I do so.

Here is the second advert break shown during a broadcast of the James Bond 007 film 'For Your Eyes Only' (1981), recorded on Sunday 31st Auguest 1986. (And yes, the film title card looks as over-bright and washed out on the original recording as it does here).

Adverts include:
* Coca-Cola ("Coke is it!")
* Shell ("#Come on baby, do the Shell Promotion")
* The Mortgage Corporation with Barry Norman
* The Times (very dated; and Thatcher got in again after this)
* Barclays
* Gillette Blue II
* Swan lager

I've also uploaded the other advertisement breaks from the recording.
I am still going through all of my old tapes and uploading various clips, so check back regularly!

Technorati:

No comments: